Who Can I Appoint As A Personal Representative (Executor)?

Coleman Law Firm

Video Transcript:  There are certain limitations to the appointment of a personal representative or executor.  A family member, generally speaking, even though they are located outside of the jurisdiction, will usually be allowed to be appointed as a personal representative. However, if you do not have a certain blood or marriage relationship to the decedent you must be a resident of the state of Florida. This rule is designed to allow our courts, here in the state of Florida, to have jurisdiction over the personal representative. The thought it is that if someone is located outside of the state, we want there to be a family relationship before the Florida courts will appoint them as personal representative.

Client Success Stories

Search Coleman Law Firm